A decentralised commerce alternative.
Founded in 2013, payever´s mission is to challenge the status quo on behalf of small and medium sized businesses against commerce giants. We do this by providing anything that is needed to run a successful business: Online Shop and Point of Sale systems, Payment, Marketing, Shipping or Communication solutions. We start where others stop with the ultimate goal to free commerce.
- 2013Artur Schlaht and Viktor Butsch founded payever while in University.After realizing that commerce giants dominate how we buy and sell everyday - Artur and Viktor decided to leave University to begin solving the problem of the modern consumer/retailer experience for the next generation. They built and combined simple, powerful selling tools for businesses to offer the best buying experience for their customers.
- 2014payever joins the Microsoft Accelerator in Berlin where Satya Nadella himself welcomed the selected few.Microsoft Ventures is a prestigious accelerator that connects promising startups with Microsoft’s resourceful network and provides a mentorship program to enable fast and successful growth for its participants. This was the first step in payever’s growth.
- 2015Europe’s largest seed investor High-Tech Gründerfonds invests in payever.payever continued its growth by acquiring an investment from High-Tech Gründerfonds, an investment capital firm focused on investing in high potential tech startups. This was an important step for payever given Gründerfonds’ expertise and resources (€886 million in total assets)payever reaches 500 merchants
- 2016payever announces world’s first E-commerce operating system.payever’s founder and CEO made a demonstration in Finovate London 2016, a fintech conference, of its newly developed OS and modular apps, enabling payment integration, personalized messages and marketing for merchants.payever reaches 1000 merchants
- 2017 JUNSantander invests in the companyAfter having doubled the amount of merchants in only 1 year, Banco Santander invested in payever, marking a historical date for the company as it had acquired yet another resourceful partner to expand its operations.payever reaches 2000 merchants
- 2017 OCTpayever moves into new offices in Rodingsmarkt 20, HamburgAfter 4 years since its birth, payever moved into a modern office in the heart of Hamburg overlooking the city.
- 20185000 merchants in Germany, Sweden, Norway & DenmarkThis year payever reached yet another symbolic milestone as it reached 5000 merchants throughout 4 countries in Europe. In the upcoming years payever will look to grow in several more countries and continue its expansion throughout the globe.payever reaches 5000 merchants
- TodayLaunch of the new payever OSIn November of this year payever will release its new and improved operating system, enabling merchants to use modular apps that allows entrepreneurs to have access to every single function required to run an online business, from setting up an online shop to integrating payments, shipping, communication and marketing. All in a single dashboard.
A new commerce OS, built from the ground up.
With payever we wanted to create an intuitive way to connect businesses with customers. Each side should choose within one open environment the specific tool fitting their needs. Access should be seamless, automatically updated, ensuring a high level of refinement every day. Our simple idea was to start with the most critical problem for businesses: Payments. Ever since we create together with our growing community apps to solve problems on both - the buying and selling side.
We are strategically backed by Europe´s largest bank.
Santander Consumer Bank
Look back and say:
"I changed commerce forever."
Founded in 2013 payever is changing the way people buy and sell. Headquartered in Hamburg, Germany we are a fully distributed team of 100+ dedicated people. That means that we design, fix bugs and answer your questions from around the world.See how you fit in